Sovereign

The uncrowned king!

Monday, September 19, 2005

A Daughter of Eve

Another monotonous day!! I was very sleepy in the morning as I slept late last night!! :) I could not play tennis this evening because of bad weather!! In Cape Town weather changes faster than the mood of a woman!

Nothing note worthy, just one poem which I liked.

Christina Rossetti (1830–1894)
A Daughter of Eve

A fool I was to sleep at noon,
And wake when night is chilly
Beneath the comfortless cold moon;
A fool to pluck my rose too soon,
A fool to snap my lily.
My garden-plot I have not kept;
Faded and all forsaken,
I weep as I have never wept:
Oh it was summer when I slept,
It's winter now I waken.
Talk what you please of future spring
And sun-warm'd sweet to-morrow:
—Stripp'd bare of hope and everything,
No more to laugh, no more to sing,
I sit alone with sorrow.

After reading this, I feel each moment of our life is very important, time once gone, will never come back and we may repent in future for letting it lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home