Sovereign

The uncrowned king!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Shredded Desires

I like this poem so much; it has a flow which takes me with it and evokes a familiar feeling of loneliness in crowd, another way of asking for sincere attention and honest love.......
Infatuation, reins let loose tramples my sanity
oblivion, where rationale once thrived,
leaves me gasping for reason,
as in vain I fight this sweet poison of self-indulgence.
O! guardian angels, crucify me not!
close upon me not, the doors of your mercy
for all I wanted, was a touch of affection,
loving care, tender words
no more I seek of you heaven, nor concordno
more I seek of you to shower your blessings
Buttered with bitterness!
Now my guitar, strings broken,
sings to me notes sweeter than ever
,pray leave them broke,
never to be tied back into that old, suffocating tensesness.
For all I wanted, was liberty
from this serpentine clutch of solitude,
from lonliness among crowds,
to heal this woundinflicted by scorching years of desperation
For all I yearned, was for the scent of a woman.- Misba Karoly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home